Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Record release news

From: Greg (G.T.) Ward <GREGW%BNR.CA@mitvma.mit.edu>
Date: 25 Apr 89 09:09:00 EDT
Subject: Record release news
Sender: Greg (G.T.) Ward <GREGW%BNR.CA@mitvma.mit.edu>

Here's some news on record releases I heard over the weekend. I'm afraid
I can't remember any titles.

  The Cure's new single is out already. I saw the video yesterday. The
song sounded really good, but the video was nothing spectacular. Their
new album will follow shortly, and they will be touring.

  Peter Gabriel's new album will be out soon. It is a double, and
consists mainly of instrumental music! Included is the music from
the film "Last Temptation of Christ". I was happy to hear this, since I
really enjoyed the music in that film. (It was the best part). Was a
soundtrack ever released?

  Kate's new album won't be out until the fall (at the earliest). :-(

Doug: We had enough of the stubborn/stupid/sterile argument about a
      year ago. Once is enough. Please don't provoke Andrew, even if
      he started it. We all know the potential results.

      [	Awww...  but think of all the fun I can have!  -- |>oug ]

Craig: If your favourite groups are Phil Collins, Genesis, Clapton and
       Kansas (puke!), please stick to rec.music.misc. This group is
       for discussing "alternative" artists.

    Greg