Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: File under Science Fiction

From: Doug Alan <nessus@athena.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 89 20:00:54 EST
Subject: Re: File under Science Fiction
Sender: nessus@GAFFA.MIT.EDU

About Roy Harper...

> By second-most-recent, are you referring to _Looney <sp?> on the
> Bus_?  I found that on CD also, & only having my 4 or so Harper LP's
> that I've found used & in between, & noting that _Looney_ was a
> compilation of (at least) some sort, I didn't know whether it was a
> *real* compilation or a collection of unreleased gems.

Actually there are two albums I know of that came out after *Whatever
Happened to Jugula?*: *Born in Captivity* and *Looney on the Bus*.
Neither of these is completely new material, however.  *Born In
Captivity* is a remake of *Work of Heart* done much more simply and
not over-produced the way *Work of Heart* is.  *Looney on the Bus*
is a compilation, but I only recognize two songs on the rocord, so I'm
not sure where the rest of the songs come from.

"And at the door we can't say more tha just 'another day,'"