Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

PG and KT

From: Jonathan Lisle Cohen <jc4n+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 89 17:00:50 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: PG and KT

With all this talk about when Kate's next album is coming, I got to thinking...

When is Peter Gabriel's next album due?  Will Kate be on it too?

To this end, I've heard two rumors:

1)  PG has been very busy (as we all know) with the Amnesty Tour.  Now that
that's over, he's back in the studio.  The question is what and when.  Perhaps
another movie soundtrack?  Anyone else heard anything.

2)  As Kate and Peter are friends, and she has appeared on his albums before
(Games w/o Frontiers, Don't Give Up are two songs that stick out in my memory),
there has been quiet talk that she may show up on the new one.  Any guesses?

Despite his success with So (and the relatively quiet response to his film
soundtracks Birdy, etc.) Peter has said that he finds soundtracks more
interesting.

(But then, Thomas Dolby said the same thing.  Then he made Howard the Duck.
Then he returned to albums - Buick Eating et al.)

Has anybody heard anything???