Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

For the love of KaTe!

From: <JBANKERT%SUNRISE.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 89 13:41
Subject: For the love of KaTe!

Gracious, it certainly does seem that IED has created a monster with this
offer of a collection of somewhat rare and hard to find KaTe music.  Those
whose names have been tendered to me to make copies for are in my possesion.

I have received word from J. Bur <justin@IRO.UMONTREAL.CA> that his tape
and SASe are en-route.

I have also received word from M. Mendelson <mendel@M.CS.UIUC.EDU> that his
tape and SASE are en-route to me, though he his not on my list, and I don't
recall seeing him listed as 51-98.

I have received a tape and a SASE from R. Mohammed <mohammed@SVAX.CS.CORNELL.EDU

This is not a problem.  Also, looking at the list, and assessing the number of
copies to be made versus how many I can make at once (11 copies at a time),
I would not mind handling more requests.  Unless someone else volunteers before
me, I have no problems with picking up numbers 51-75 on the list.  However,
please note to anyone who is sending blanks to me, If I haven't recieved them
by May 8, They'll most likely be returned to you blank unless I have continued
access to the equipment I'll be using, or you don't mind settling for a
signifigant drop in sound quality.  Those of you sending tapes to me, please
let me know what type of sound reduction you'd like (none, Dolby B, or Dobly C).
As I should have the 'master' from IED sometime this week, please send your
blanks and SASE to me ASAP so I can get started and spread the job out a bit
(I really don't fancy doing it all in one night).  Also, If IED could PLEASE
send me the list of names nos 26-75 so I can have something to check off
incoming blanks to, I would be grateful.  Also (another one!) as I asked before
those of you who send me blanks, let me know via email that it's coming.
However, if you can, route it through something other than BITNET, as the
sysops have manage to scroodle the BITNET mailer here (I haven't recieved
any bitnet mail for 4 days).

At the moment, I can't think of anything else, but I'll if something comes
up, I'll let you all know.

                                John Bankert
                                jbankert@sunrise.acs.syr.edu