Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

File under Science Fiction

From: claris!wombat@ames.arc.nasa.gov (Scott Lindsey)
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 89 17:51:51 PDT
Subject: File under Science Fiction

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU:
> Really-From: Doug Alan <nessus@athena.mit.edu>
>
> Jimmy Page has worked with Roy Harper on several occasions.  The most
> prominent work is on Roy Harper's second-most-recent album entitled
> *Whatever Happened to Jugula?*.  The album is co-credited to Jimmy
> Page, even though his contributions are only about equivalent to those
> of Eric Clapton on Roger Water's *The Pros and Cons of Hitchhicking*.
> Jimmy Page's name on the cover of the album did make the album much
> more popular, so it might even be possible to find it in the U.S.  (It
> was widely available when it was released.)  This is one of Roy
> Harper's very best albums.  Every one should own it, and Jimmy Page's
> guitar palying on it ain't bad either.

I've seen it on vinyl once & on CD 3-4 times (the first of which I bought
it).  Actually saw it in the H's, though :-)  Speaking of Floyd-members,
Dave Gilmour co-wrote one of the songs on this album.

By second-most-recent, are you referring to _Looney <sp?> on the Bus_?
I found that on CD also, & only having my 4 or so Harper LP's that I've
found used & in between, & noting that _Looney_ was a compilation of
(at least) some sort, I didn't know whether it was a *real* compilation
or a collection of unreleased gems.