Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Roy Harper

From: Doug Alan <nessus@athena.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 89 15:55:05 EST
Subject: Re: Roy Harper
Sender: nessus@GAFFA.MIT.EDU

> Does anyone have archived stuff from the Roy Harper discussion in
> Gaffa last year?  Besides the Kate angle, I'm also interested in
> his work with Jimmy Page (I got the reference from John Relph in
> Misc, but he couldn't provide me with any more).

Well, all the archives are available via anonymous FTP from
gaffa.mit.edu in the directory /love-hounds/archives (for older
archives) and in the file /love-hounds/lh-archive (for recent
archives).  There are many, many megabytes of stuff, however.

Jimmy Page has worked with Roy Harper on several occasions.  The most
prominent work is on Roy Harper's second-most-recent album entitled
*Whatever Happened to Jugula?*.  The album is co-credited to Jimmy
Page, even though his contributions are only about equivalent to those
of Eric Clapton on Roger Water's *The Pros and Cons of Hitchhicking*.
Jimmy Page's name on the cover of the album did make the album much
more popular, so it might even be possible to find it in the U.S.  (It
was widely available when it was released.)  This is one of Roy
Harper's very best albums.  Every one should own it, and Jimmy Page's
guitar palying on it ain't bad either.

"I wanted to live forever.  The way that you will too."