Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Armageddon, or some such ...

From: metlay <idis!cisunx!mpmst1@psuvax1.cs.psu.edu>
Date: 9 Apr 89 19:20:49 GMT
Subject: Re: Armageddon, or some such ...
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <63@lennon.austek.oz>, Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU writes:
> Really-From: munnari!lennon.austek.oz.au!kwood@uunet.UU.NET (Ken Wood)
> On a different note, I vaguely recall hearing that Babooshka is a
> figure from Russian mythology. Can anyone confirm or deny this, and
> supply a little more information ?

"Babooshka" is the diminuitive for "Baba," which is "grandmother" in Russian.
Period. (the colloquial usage, for the headscarf worn by Eastern European
peasant women, is idiomatic.)

"His pulse exploded as he ripped off her babooshka"
						   --Snoopy, trying to be racy

--
zrgynl 		     METLAY@PITTVMS.BITNET or metlay@vms.cis.pittsburgh.edu
				Xpander Users' Group: Email me for details.