Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

questions

From: jsd%UMASS.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu (Jonathan S. Drukman)
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 89 11:24:13 EDT
Subject: questions

 from:       Ted  Poltoranos              (NT)       Dept 1906    BRW
> What happened to Carl Marsh?  It was his
> departure (which is all too real), that started the demise of the
> band.  He only played on half of "Oil and Gold", and consequently
> it was only half as good as "Care" and "Jam Science".  From there,

Carl Marsh and Barry Andrews had an argument over the direction in
which they wanted Shriekback to be going.  In an interview, Andrews
described Marsh as wanting to create "some sort of disco nightmare."
So, they split and the rest  is (unfortunately) history.  The last
interview I read with Andrews was for "Go Bang" and contained all sorts
of disgusting information along the lines of "if the record company
wanted me to mix a song a different way so it would get more airplay, then
I'd do it" and "I really want to do movie work because it's cheap and
easy."  I think he's only in it for the money now, damnit.

BTW, I have a copy of "Tench."  Write for more info on where to find it.
(although if you buy the CD "Best Of Shriekback vol 1" you will only be
missing one or two songs on it out of six)

xD.read sig