Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Madness/Voice Of The Beehive/The Madness

From: colm@mathcs.emory.edu (Colm Mulcahy)
Date: 3 Apr 89 00:01:36 GMT
Subject: Madness/Voice Of The Beehive/The Madness
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

adobe!!dkletter@decwrl.dec.com (Dan Kletter) writes:
>I thought I'd add this tidbit since no one else seems to have noticed. When
>Madness broke up, two of them (songwriters-forgot the names temporarily-damn!)
>went out and formed a band with some women from California. This band is
>none other than...(drumroll please)...Voice of the Beehive! I'm surprised that

when i reviewed Voice of The Beehive in concert (supporting That Petrol Emotion)
a few weeks back in rec.music.misc, i mentioned that the original Madness
DRUMMER was in VOTB.  who else ?  must've left the Beehive since I think.

>no one has taken the time to read the fine print on the back of the cd! 2:^)
>I haven't bought this cd yet, but I kinda like what I've heard so far.
>
>I also noticed recently that there is a new (?) Madness cd out. I thought
>that no one was going to continue the band when they broke up. Can anyone
>confirm this?--YOl

there was a The Madness LP with several 12"s out a year or two back. apart from
a core of about three of Madness, the Attractions' Steve Nieve was on most of
the cuts.

the 12"s have 2-3 cuts apiece not on the LP, in addition to the single.
dunno about the CD.

--
Colm Mulcahy         |  colm@mathcs.emory.edu             PREFERRED
c/o Emory University |  {sun!sunatl,gatech}!emory!colm    UUCP