Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Australian `Classics'?

From: Greg Earle <earle@mahendo.Jpl.Nasa.Gov>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 89 12:53:42 PST
Subject: Australian `Classics'?

>From: kelley@apollo.COM
>
>... For years we've been told that the following bands are Australian
>Classics:  Angel City, Real Life, Icehouse, Men At Work, INXS, Split Enz,
>Eurogliders, AC/DC, Crowded House, Severed Heads, The Sports, or EVEN
>Olivia Newton-John.

I don't know who it is that's been telling you that, but only Severed
Heads qualify as Australian Classic in my book ... (and Split Enz/Crowded
House are from New Zealand; I won't even mention Oblivion Neutron-Bomb)

The True Australian Classics list would be worthless without The Birthday
Party, SPK, the early Saints, etc. etc. ...

	- Greg Earle
	  Sun Microsystems, Inc.
	  JPL on-site Software Support