Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Helicopter fatality

From: duane@EBay.Sun.COM (Duane Day, I.R. - Applications Development)
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 89 19:22:55 PDT
Subject: Helicopter fatality

> Either that or she died of cancer, and this other woman named Kate,
> who was with Leila and the Snakes and maybe hung out with the Tubes
> and other San Francisco musicians, is the one who died in the
> helicopter. That would make for two dead Kates, at least one of
> which has a single-syllable last name.

The woman who died in the helicopter was a comedienne (oh, god, is
that a politically incorrect word now?) named Jane Dornacker.  She
co-wrote the Tubes' "Don't Touch Me There".  She was a self-proclaimed
"trafficologist" for a San Francisco radio station.  I don't remember
whether or not she was doing traffic reports at the time of the crash.
She also had an amusing bit as a character who was a "snackologist",
touting the nutritional virtues of Hostess Snoballs, etc.

Duane