Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Pink Floyd

From: stox@ihlpb.ATT.COM (Stox)
Date: 30 Mar 89 21:26:39 GMT
Subject: Re: Pink Floyd
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <22010@agate.BERKELEY.EDU>, Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU writes:
> Really-From: adams@bosco.Berkeley.EDU@ (Jeffrey P. Adams)
>

> >Really-From: Michael Fischer <MFISCHER%SBCCVM.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu>
> >
> >I was listening to "The Wall" at work lastnight on my walkman ...
> >I thought I heard some weird sounding sounds.
>
> Yeah, supposedly, it continues, "... to Pink at the Funny Farm".
Try again, the story gets involved, but here is the full message:

	Congratulations, you have discovered the secret message. Please
	send your answer to: Old Pink, care of funny farm, Chelmsford.

Just a coincidence that Sid Barret was staying in Chelmsford	]:->

Is this the first backwards message recorded on only one channel,
the right if I'm not mistaken ?

Also, you will notice that the lyrics listed on the cover,
pity you poor CD owners, are never played, but instead
"empty spaces" is played. However, in the movie, the
unplayed tune is in fact played.

Amazing how over eight years later people are still picking
this critter apart.

Ken Stox		"...running around to come up
			 behind you again"

			"Come in number 51, your time is up !!"