Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Screaming Abdabs

From: wdh@linus.UUCP (W. Dale Hall)
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 89 20:38:03 EST
Subject: Screaming Abdabs
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Regarding the question of "when was Atom Heart Mother recorded", on
which I have no further information, I've just obtained what appears
to be an old bootleg:

	The Screaming Abdabs:	"Rhapsody in Pink
				-- the Psychedelic Years"

The cover indicates it's from a series of BBC sessions, but there is
no date information of any sort.  The tracks include such PF favorites
as "Echoes", "Atom Heart Mother Suite", "Careful With That Axe,
Eugene", "If", and "One of These Days I'm Going to Cut You Into Little
Pieces", plus things I haven't heard on other PF albums. The versions
of the recognizable PF pieces are somewhat primitive in comparison to
those seen on later PF albums, suggesting that they were just recently
developed at the time these BBC sessions occurred.

So, if the question was really "when did they write all this stuff"
maybe the answer is "much earlier than we thought." On the other hand,
maybe this bootleg is a re-compilation, without redeeming historical
value.  Does anyone out there have more info?

								Dale.