Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

> Really-From: whizzo@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (David Hardy)
>
> Don't know if this group still exitst, but I'm sitting here watching

Neither do I, it seems to be broken somewhere along the line.

> David Letterman, who has some guy on talking (among other things) about
> Orgone Accumulators.  He had one.  It was a wooden box with a small chair
[Stuff about miscellaneous quackary deleted]

> Oh yeah, the segment of the show is on "banned medical devices."
> Anybody else see this?

Letterman has had this guy on several times (in fact you may have seen a
rerun).  It's mind boogling some of the stuff people have come up with.
Hard to believe that anyone would buy it.

I found a biography of Wilhelm Riech at the library (which I've yet to read).
I was interested to find pictures of Riech's actual "Cloudbuster".  The actual
device was much more simple in appearance than the one in the _Cloudbusting_
video, just a bunch of rods mounted on a pivoting platform.  I don't think
the actual device was mobile like the one in the video.  The "principle" on
which it was based required that it be "grounded" to a deep well of some sort.

Please note that I'm not faulting the video in any way.  I think that
_Cloudbusting_ is my favorite video of all time.  In fact the more fanciful
version of the "Cloudbuster" might be consider to be how the device would be
perceived through the eyes of a child.

Richard Caldwell

UUCP: !hoptoad!peora!rtmvax!nrc                "Don't drive too slowly"
or    !att!orgate!ortest!nrc