Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Misk., and Orgone Idiocy

From: bradley!bucc2!pwh@uiucdcs.cs.uiuc.edu (Pete Hartman)
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 89 17:14:12 CST
Subject: Misk., and Orgone Idiocy

MisK., mostly about Orgone.....

>Date: Fri, 30 Dec 88 17:05:35 EST
>From: dsr@uvacs.cs.virginia.edu (Dana S. Richards)
>I would like to respond to the rather mean-spirited response by
>Andrew Marvick, to my posting about Kate and orgone energy.

[stuff elaborating the above deleted]

>The confrontational tone is clear:

[examples deleted]

It's funny how dana didn't go back and analyze *his* ORIGINAL POSTING.
It seemed AWFULLY confrontational to me!  (I probably would have
had a few words to say, but having been gone all week I saw that all
the words had been said already)  I've always found that a negative
tone to start things off just breeds more of the same--I'm sure that
his point could have been gotten over MUCH more diplomatically, if
indeed his point was what he claimed it was in this final bit.

Of course, I personally doubt that.

>Date:    Fri, 30 Dec 88 14:24 PST
>From: IED0DXM%OAC.UCLA.EDU@MITVMA.MIT.EDU
>Subject: Mailbag: lyrics requests

>>Love Hounds:
>>Anybody out there know what the last 2 or 3 lines are in _Hello_Earth ? It
>>sounds like German, but I don't speak it. What do the lines translate to?

>     The words are: "Ergendwo in der Tiefe, gibt es ein Licht"; which
>translates as: "Somewhere in the deep there is a light".

I thought it was more like: "Tiefer Tiefer, gibt es ein Licht", but
having just listened to it, it seems actually to be a combination of the
two, to wit: "Tiefer, Tiefer, Irgendwo [proper spelling I think] in der
Tiefe, gibt es ein Licht".

>From: bleckmd@jacobs.cs.orst.edu (david bleckmann)
>Subject: Re: SugarCubes

>Just thought I would add a quick bit, The Sugarcubes will be on
>Saturday Night Live on Dec 31, if you manage to read this
>before then.  Since the cubes are such a new group I doubt
>this will be a repeat.

Thanks,  unfortunately, I've been out of town and today (the third) I
read your note.  C'est la Vie.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!  (May Kate Bless us in this New Year)