Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Not a Cure song

From: Michael Fischer <MFISCHER%SBCCVM.BITNET@MITVMA.MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 89 00:27:04 EST
Subject: Not a Cure song

Yesterday I mentioned here that I thought I had heard a new Cure song.
I was mistaken. It is a song from a new (I think) band called "Essence".
But my guess wasn't all that badly based. I heard the song again, and
after it, the DJ announced, "That was the new one from Essence, who have
obviously been listening to a lot of Cure!" It really does sound like them.
But we are still expecting a new Cure album in early '89.
  I saw my first copy of "Homeground" for sale in Tower Records in New
York City, but couldn't buy it ($4.50) as I had just bought Lionheart and
Life's Too Good. It looked very good. Is it possible to get a subscription
for a reasonable price? Or is there a better KT magazine that I should look
into getting?

Mike "Can't wait for KBVI" Fischer