Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

EG Records & Laurie Anderson

From: Brian Patrick Arnold <ba0k+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 88 22:51:57 -0500 (EST)
Subject: EG Records & Laurie Anderson

NO no no, they don't have anything to do with each other, so calm down.
Me and my friend Erik have a couple of questions about these subjects.

First, since the Music For Films-x (0<x<4) question has been levied, we
also want to know why (WHY WHY) Opal has III, and whatever has happened to
EG Records proper?  Like has EG & Editions EG become Opal?  Previous "stars"
were on Warner Bros. in the US, so is this a trend?  We haven't seen any
new EG recordings released within the last year or so.  Anyone have a clue
as to what's going on here?

Second, concerning Ms. Anderson...does anyone have any news regarding any
upcoming album releases?  Unfortunately, we missed the Washington, D.C.
performance a month or so ago.  The fact that she is currently touring
makes us think she may have something new in the stores soon.  So?  Are
these suspicions at all reasonable?  And, what ever became of "State Of
The Union"...a supposed boxed record set from the concert tour of the
same name, several years back?  "United States Live" was such a jewel,
we can't think why she'd decide against another such extended concert
collection.

Bonus Question (10 points): Which of the following items about Kate Bush
is true?
             (a) Kate will be releasing a new album very soon.
              (b) Kate is in her seventh month of pregnancy.
              (c) Kate is married to David Gilmour, and doesn't plan
                  to release another album, because Dave's sexual
                  appetite requires nearly all of her time.

- Brian and Erik, CD - Gods