Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

re: Kate Song

From: jsd%UMASS.BITNET@MITVMA.MIT.EDU (Jonathan S. Drukman)
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 88 12:45:46 EST
Subject: re: Kate Song

From: Michael Fischer <MFISCHER%SBCCVM.BITNET@MITVMA.MIT.EDU>
> Hey everyone...
>    Now it's my turn to ask about an unidentified song... I was listening
> to the college station early in the morning and liked the show so put in
> a tape when I went to sleep. This morning I was listening to it
> and heard a kate song I didn't know. Here are some lyrics I could
> extract from the tape...
       [ lyrics omitted ]

Ah, that's the song "This Woman's Work" from the soundtrack of the
marginally OK John Hughes film, "She's Having A Baby."  The soundtrack
is available on IRS Records/Hughes Music in most stores that I've seen.
Cassette, LP and Compact Disc.  I've got the CD and boy does the Kate
song sound great - especially the quiet bits, but then again, that's
what makes CDs so great.  Buy or die!  (Yes, I know that is the Ralph
Records slogan)

 !   !\             BITNET: jsd@umass
\!on !/rukman      ARPANET: jsd%umass.bitnet@mitvma.mit.edu