Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: XTC

From: Matthew Mashyna <mm5l+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 88 16:49:05 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: XTC

XTC is due in January for a new album. Although I have not heard anything
for a few months, I read and saw several interviews with they boys from
Swindon. The word was that they were very unhappy with Skylarking because
of Todd Rudgren so they set out to make the best sounding record with the
best songs ever. They spent a long time in L.A. practicing, something they
did not do in the past, and a very long time carefully producing it.

I heard bits of a few songs on an MTV interview and they sounded pretty good.
Andy Partridge says is sounds like a cross between Black Sea (very guitary)
and Mummer (the jazzier stuff). I'm all in favour of more Black Sea!

Anyway, the early name was Oranges and Lemons but the record company was
not too happy about this. If only I hadn't let my Little Express subscription
run out I could give you more details.

P.S. Does anyone have any info on Living Colour tour dates ? They've been
on the move and I would REALY, REALY like to see them.