Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Wuthering Heights

From: miket@umbc3.UMD.EDU (Mike Taube )
Date: 20 Dec 88 03:21:03 GMT
Subject: Wuthering Heights
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I was listening to some old Pat Benetar albums, and came across her album
CRIMES OF PASSION (c. 1980 Chrysalis Records).

In this album, she sings her version of Kate's WUTHERING HEIGHTS. It is very
different, in that she uses a rock band (electric guitar instead of Kate's
piano), and she sings 2 octaves lower than Kate. But I found it to be
interesting to see how another artist interprets what Kate does in her music.

Pat has been formally educated as an opera singer, but never went into opera.
In an interview she was asked why, and she laughed and replied
  "... Me singing opera is like Julie Andrews singing Rock.... bad..."

Has anyone else heard her version of WH ??

Michael Taube                     "..Soul birds of a feather flock together.."
MIKET@UMBC3.umd.edu

                                                           ~\/~