Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

FORWARDED POSTING

From: uiucdcs!uiucuxc!rtmvax!rob@uunet.UU.NET (Robert Talley)
Date: 16 Dec 88 04:03:49 GMT
Subject: FORWARDED POSTING
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

#To: rtmvax!uunet!rec-music-gaffa
#From: nrc@rtmvax.UUCP (Richard Caldwell)
#Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
#Subject: Re: _ne_t'enfuis_pas_; Trio bularKa on american television
#Date: 15 Dec 88 02:56:50 GMT

> Really-From: IED0DXM%OAC.UCLA.EDU@MITVMA.MIT.EDU
>
>  To: Love-Hounds
>  From: Andrew Marvick (IED)
>  subject: _ne_t'enfuis_pas_; Trio bulgarKa on american television
>
>  >     I just recently heard "Babooshka" and since then I have picked up
>  > never for ever
>  > the whole story
>  > lionheart
>  > hounds of love
>
>      First, IED commends you on your assiduity in buying up all
> the Kate Bush you could find. That seems to happen often: someone
> hears one of her songs, and ends up going
> out and snatching up all her albums immediately. Good job.

Had nearly the exact same experience here.  A friend played "The Whole Story"
for my wife and I and we were hooked.  Imagine our surprise to find that TWS
could not even *begin* to encompess Kate's best work!

>      You saw the video of the song _Hounds_of_Love_ on MTV?
> Must have been the one time they showed it, then, because it's
> the first IED has heard that they showed any videos of Kate's
> other than _Running_Up_That_Hill_ (the Wogan Show lip-synch version
> four times and the official video three times), _Cloudbusting_
> (once) and _Experiment_IV_ (four times over two days). As opposed to

I feel privilaged.  I remember seeing _Cloudbusting_ on MTV very late at night.
My impression at the time?  "What an incredible song, and such a beautiful
video!  Hmmm, who was that?"  I remembered that as soon as I heard it on
TWS, and of course I bought TWS video as well.

>      As for _Ne_T'enfuis_pas_, happy hunting. Unfortunately,
> this song was the b-side of Kate's poorest-selling single ever:

How about _Christmas_Will_Be_Magic_Again_ (is that the correct title?) ?
It is after all the holiday season.  Any hope of finding something new
(new for me) from Kate to celebrate the season?

Images that stick in my mind...

Kate in pilot's helmut and bomber jacket at the very end of the _Wow_
video (from the TWS version).

Kate in rain with umbrella and raincoat in the _The_Big_Sky_ video.

A change of media to CDs and phrases that stick in my mind...

"The night doesn't like it" from _Night_of_the_Swallow_ .
	(How *does* she do that?  Is that all her voice or was that
	 electronically touched up? )

"...a great big hug" from _All_We_Ever_Look_For_ .
	(Volunteers ?)

"I am the convierge chez moi honey" from _Get_Out_Of_My_House_ .
	(What does this mean?  I like to know what I have stuck in there.)

Don't drive too slowly.
Richard Caldwell

/* Address? Hmmm, sorry no idea, try replying...*/
/* Disclaimer: My first post ever. Be kind.     */

--
Robert Talley: RTmVax Semi-Public UNIX/USENET System Orlando, Florida
         UUCP: {uiucuxc,hoptoad,petsd}!peora!rtmvax!rob