Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate on US radio (was Re: WDRE/WLIR)

From: laural@cs.utexas.edu (Laura La Gassa)
Date: 15 Dec 88 21:19:07 GMT
Subject: Kate on US radio (was Re: WDRE/WLIR)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@cs.utexas.edu

In article <8812151755.AA11931@cunixd.cc.columbia.edu> Love-Hounds@EDDIE.MIT.EDU writes:
>Really-From: Gary L Dare <gld@cunixd.cc.columbia.edu>
>
>PS: By the way, this is the only station in the US where I've heard
>Danielle Dax or China Crisis or The Cure.  As for Kate Bush, she
>doesn't pop up on the New York airwaves at all! )-;

Have you tried NYU's college station?  (Sorry, I don't remember the call
letters or the frequency).  The second time I ever heard Kate in my life
was in August on NYU's station.  I was so entranced I ran out and bought
'The Whole Story', followed rapidly by everything else!!!
I moved the next week from the NYC area to Texas, so I can't say if
she's been on since . . . .

In case you're curious, the first time I ever heard Kate was when she was
doing 'Wuthering Heights' on some late-night American TV show in the
mid-70's.  I thought it was Saturday Night Live, but a few weeks ago
someone (IED???? or |>oug????) insisted that KaTe had NEVER been on
SNL.

Laura