Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

You Think Too Much
Shirt That You Wore
Caffeen
Complacent Cattle
Pulling Touch
Africa
Big Walk
Sound Of Water
Metaphisical Section
Fall Upon Me
Wood Guitar
Tabouche est Tabou
Vincent VanGough
It's You
Esrealites
Bye Bye

Feb 1988 records mini-LP, a lot of older songs finally get a chance to be heard
by a wider public. This is the record others have discussed. Idea for labelling
record sides (Sunny side up v. Over easy) original, band unaware that McCartney
did it 9 years earlier.

Touring fall 88, supporting (late lamented) Lyres, Dash Rip Rock, They Might Be
Giants etc. Must've supported Campers and/or Feelies at some point !!

Hope to have full LP out in the spring. Looking forward to it !!

Frank Orrall writes great original songs in diverse styles, I hope he gets heard
- in PDP i also hear snippets of acts as diverse as VU, Pogues, Plastic Ono Band
Talking Heads, Richard Thompson, 10000 Maniacs, and (yes !) Paul McCartney.

Maybe I shouldn't have said anything ......

(aside: Orrall is cousin of power popper turned country songwriter Robert Ellis
Orrall, who put out some excellent records in the Joe Jackson/Nick Lowe mould a
few years ago, one features Calene Carter on vocals, he was UK-based then)

--
Colm Mulcahy         |  colm@mathcs.emory.edu             PREFERRED
c/o Emory University |  {sun!sunatl,gatech}!emory!colm    UUCP