Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: 4AD mailing list

From: mem@zinn.MV.COM (Mark E. Mallett)
Date: 10 Dec 88 11:50:11 EST (Sat)

> Obviously you haven't been reading the rec.music.* groups, otherwise
> you would have seen at least four or five postings regarding the 4AD
> mailing list Musica Impact.

Obviously not :-)

And I keep forgetting that this mailing list is gated into a newsgroup.
No, my site doesn't get rec.music.anything, and quite by choice.  The
last time I looked in there (back when it was net.music) I very nearly
turned into a pillar of salt.  I've heard it's even worse now.

> Hopefully the moderator of Musica Impact will realize his folly and will
> open the mailing list to people who just might have an open mind at one
> point in time or another.

Maybe.  And maybe the folly is in wanting the list to be something
that it isn't.  If the moderator structured the list a particular
way, I guess that's the way it is.  There are a lot of closed "expert"
mailing lists (clubs, etc.); I don't have to like being excluded
from them to appreciate their charter.  Oh well...

-mm-
---
Mark E. Mallett  Zinn Computer Co/ PO Box 4188/ Manchester NH/ 03103
Bus. Phone: 603 645 5069    Home: 603 424 8129     BIX: mmallett
uucp: mem@zinn.MV.COM  (  ...{decvax|elrond|harvard}!zinn!mem   )
Northern MA and Southern NH consultants:  Ask me about MV.COM