Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Clannad et al

From: munnari!goanna.oz.au!ckl@uunet.UU.NET (Chee Kheong Lin)
Date: 30 Nov 88 00:35:13 GMT
Subject: Re: Clannad et al
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <8811280915.AA27003@uunet.UU.NET>, sco!jamescb@uunet.UU.NET writes:

> Probably... I know very few people who've even *heard* of them, but
> they generally go away happy if they've heard "Macalla". I recently
> picked up Sirius (think it's last year's vintage) - anyone else have
> opinions on it? Seemed awfully electronic and noisy to me (not, of course,
> that I didn't like it anyway :-)

	I agree, "Sirius" sounded too electronic, and dare I say it,
commercialized. I think Clannad were trying to make their music more
appealing to the general public and as such introduced synthesizers,
and other electronic gizmos. The end result was that "Sirius" sounded
too much like a mainstream pop record. My all time favourite Clannad
album is still "Magical Ring", especially the haunting "Theme from
Harry's Game".

Chee Kheong Lin

|Dept. of Computer Science  ACSnet: ckl@goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au 	         |
|124 La Trobe Street        CSNET:  ckl%goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au@australia   |
|Melbourne		    ARPA:   ckl%goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au@uunet.uu.net|
|Victoria 		    UUCP: ...!uunet!goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au!ckl     |
|Australia 3000.	    					         |