Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Through rain or wind or snow...

From: Doug Alan <nessus@ATHENA.MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 88 14:02:31 EST
Subject: Through rain or wind or snow...
Sender: nessus@gaffa.MIT.EDU

As many astute readers of The Love-Hounds Digest will probably already
know, due to mailer problems, The Love-Hounds Digest sent out this
morning went out incomplete, and did so about ten times.  I am very
sorry about any problems this may have caused you with your disk
quota, phone bills, and system manager.  The cause of this problem is
that IED posted a 220Kbyte article, the size of which causes many
mailers a serious case of indigestion.

	PLEASE REFRAIN FROM DOING THIS AGAIN.

Since Love-Hounds is now on autopilot, it is difficult for me to
prevent problems like this.  Now, I don't necessarily see an article
before it goes out to everyone.  It is therefore up to everyone to be
careful with the articles they post to make sure they are of
reasonable length and format.

In the near future I will repost in smaller pieces IED's article that
got munged.

Your humble pseudomoderator,