Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The _Best_of_Kate_Bush_ captions

From: IED0DXM%OAC.UCLA.EDU@MITVMA.MIT.EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 88 12:31 PST
Subject: The _Best_of_Kate_Bush_ captions

 To: Love-Hounds
 From: Andrew Marvick (IED)
 Subject: Ktrivia: The _Best_of_Kate_Bush_ captions

    The following thirteen lines were written by Kate in 1980
to accompany the sheet-music for the collection of songs published
in the book _The_Best_of_Kate_Bush_.

_Babooshka_: "The games we play--boredom breeds suspicion."

_Wuthering_Heights_: "Cathy will live on as a force. I was lucky she
     stopped in me long enough to write a song."

_December_Will_Be_Magic_Again_: "Remember when you couldn't sleep
     from the excitement of the Eve, and it was always
     white even without snow?That&csq.s when it was fun."

_Hammer_Horror_: "Alone on a film set at night with just one spotlight.
     But who is that in the shadows?"

_Them_Heavy_People_: "Knock, knock, who's there?"

_Saxaphone_Song_: "All the people in the club are babbling, but the
     instrument is talking, and I can but listen."

_Oh_England,_My_Lionheart_: "Don't disturb the clover that
     grows on the past."

_Army_Dreamers_: "Poor old ego, trying to find a way to be butch and
     brave, only to find reality is the challenge."

_James_and_the_Cold_Gun_: "It's hot and sandy, the land is old
     and dry. Here rides a man with a sheet of ice by his side."

_Don't_Push_Your_Foot_on_the_Heart_Brake_: "Streetlights
     reflecting on black leather, on upholstery."

_Breathing_: "Inspiring...expiring...out..."

_The_Man_With_the_Child_in_His_Eyes_: "Even when I look into
     the eyes of a man aged eighty I can sometimes see the gleeful
      glint of a child."

_Wow_: "See the diamond glitter through the rock."

-- Andrew Marvick