Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: WFNX and WBRU

From: ranjit@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (R. Bhatnagar)
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 88 22:28:46 EST
Subject: Re: WFNX and WBRU
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Posted-Date: Tue, 22 Nov 88 22:28:46 EST

Hey, that's an interesting idea... radio sample exchanges.
Would you like samples of WKDU (Drexel University: punk,
hardcore, "college music in general", and related) and
WXPN (University of Pennsylvania: folk, world music, news,
new age, and as above)?  A problem is choosing what to
record - WKDU is pretty homogeneous, but the time of day
does make a big difference (depends on the DJ).  WXPN
has a wide variety of programs of the types mentioned above.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention WPWT (Phila. Wireless and Tech
Institute: hip hop and dance party), which shares a frequency
with WKDU.  WPWT gets it during the day, and WKDU nights and
weekends.

I'm sure someone in Berkeley will offer samples of KPFA (Pacifica:
varied, like WXPN) and KALX (U.C. Berkeley: like WKDU plus reggae),
but if not, I might be able to get my brother to tape some for you...

	- Ranjit

--

"Trespassers w"   ranjit@eniac.seas.upenn.edu	mailrus!eecae!netnews!eniac!...
If you throw a rock into the night and something barks, you know you hit a dog.