Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: I need help!

From: greg@BEACH.CIS.UFL.EDU (Greg O'Rear)
Date: 4 Oct 88 17:46:09 GMT
Subject: Re: I need help!
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@BIKINI.CIS.UFL.EDU

Well, Ultravox was much better when John Foxx was in it.  When he
left, the band suffered.  They still had one good album left in them
("Vienna"), but that was about it.  Since then, Ultravox has become
more and more watered down, reflecting the watered-down Midge Ure.
Did you see the same "If I Was" video I did?  Pathetic!

Of course, Foxx also is a shadow of his former self.  That's what
happens when you get to be successful: you become happy and wealthy
and lose your creative energy.

At least Kate takes three or four years between albums so she can get
it all right (gives her time to "read it in a booook" and to see what
new sounds Gabriel has that she can use).  I still marvel that someone
as common and thick as Kate can come up with stuff that is so
completely brilliant.

(If this new album is eleven tracks worth of "Experiment IV" and "This
Woman's Work", I'll gag.)
--

Greg O'Rear
University of Florida