Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Meat Beat Manifesto

From: jsd%UMASS.BITNET@MITVMA.MIT.EDU (Jonathan S. Drukman)
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 88 16:23:06 EDT
Subject: Meat Beat Manifesto
Posted-Date: Sun, 2 Oct 88 16:23:06 EDT

Anybody ever heard of a group called Meat Beat Manifesto?  They're
pretty nifty.  I've got a CD single of theirs called "Strap Down"
which is really good.  I wonder if anybody knows what other stuff they
have out?  I've seen a few 12" singles, but is there an album yet?  I
remember reading in Melody Maker that a fire at their Soho
headquarters destroyed the master tapes to their album in progress,
and some video footage too.  If anybody knows what they've been up to
and/or can post a (partial or complete) discography, I'd be much
obliged.

Jon Drukman                      University of Massachusetts
BITNET: jsd@umass                ARPANET: jsd%umass.bitnet@mitvma.mit.edu
"Up in arms... we're up to our necks in guns!" -- Danielle Dax