Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

A good CD sampler

From: elliott@UNRVAX.UNR.EDU (Andrew Elliott)
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 88 12:33:26 PDT
Subject: A good CD sampler
Posted-Date: Mon, 19 Sep 88 12:33:26 PDT

Subject:   Efra Haza

I am very interested to find out if any other Love-hounds have heard
of Efra Haza.  She is an israeli singer who puts old yemenite poety to
music.  Her music is really very different than anything else I have
ever heard.  It would go in the category with Sinead O'connor,
Danielle Dax, and or course Kate.

I would really like to know how to find out more about her music and
WHERE I can obtain more.

By the way the song I heard was called 'Galbi' and was off of a CD called
"Just say Yo".  This CD is > 73 minutes and is full of stuff like:
		Martini Ranch
		Throwing Muses
		The Mighty Lemon Drops
		K.D. Lang
		Morrissey
		Book of Love, etc.

All in all a very good CD....  I purchased it locally for 8$.  I think
there are still a few left if anyone is interested.

SO...now has anyone heard of Efra Haza ?

Thanks
Andy
Andrew Elliott
School of Medecine 		INTERNET:	elliott@unrvax.UNR.EDU
University of Nevada * Reno

"Walking in the Valley of Descision ..."	-Danielle Dax