Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: "There Goes A Tenner" revisited

From: Richard Caley <rjc%AIPNA.ED.AC.UK@MITVMA.MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 88 14:43:37 GMT
Subject: Re: "There Goes A Tenner" revisited
Dragon: Smaug
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <8809130221.AA01168@WONKO.MIT.EDU> Doug Alan
                <nessus@ATHENA.MIT.EDU> writes

    $ T G A T lyrics

>    I've been here all day
>    A star in strange ways

I don't have the lyrics here with me but ( he said sticking his neck
out ) isn't this 'Strangeways' ( spelling may vary ). This is a womans
prison in London I think.

> Kate saves,

> |>oug

Amen.

rjc@uk.ac.ed.aipna    AKA    rjc%uk.ac.ed.aipna@nss.cs.ucl.ac.uk

    "Never throw the letter `Q' into a privet bush"
        - Douglas Adams

      [	The lyrics on the lyric sheet are exactly as I presented them.
	Kate did not write "A star in Strangeways" -- she wrote "a
	star in strange ways".  At this point, it is pretty obvious
	that Kate intended this to be a pun.  However, the primary
	meaning should be interpreted to be the way it was written.
	-- |>oug ]