Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: A pain in the Gaffa!

From: shea%bnrmtv%amdahl@MAILRUS.CC.UMICH.EDU (Ray Shea)
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 88 15:29:48 PDT
Subject: Re: A pain in the Gaffa!
Posted-Date: Tue, 13 Sep 88 15:29:48 PDT

> From: raspail!steve@SHAMASH.CDC.COM (Steve Schonberger)

> How about this one: Kate is pretending that the tape is a place name
> instead of a type of tape.  In other words, making a metaphor with the
> capitalization.  The implication is that Gaffa is a place that is like
> the tape.

That's what I thought at one time.  I heard "Suspended In Gaffa" right
about the same time that I discovered Eyeless in Gaza and Mission of
Burma, and it all kind of got convoluted in my head so that in the
back of my mind, I thought Gaffa was a place, thought I never really
gave it much thought.  Liked the song, though.

Ray