Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

IED, |>oug, and incessantly long windedness

From: <JBANKERT%SUNRISE.BITNET@MITVMA.MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 88 22:15
Subject: IED, |>oug, and incessantly long windedness
Posted-Date: Tue, 13 Sep 88 22:15

|>oug & IED

     I really must commend you on your in-depth discussion on the
meaning of KT lyrics.  However, I would like to interject my two
cents, so to speak, into the arguement, not to gainsay either of you,
but rather to note something.

     While the two of you can banter on incessantly on who is right
and who is wrong in either's interpretation of the lyrics from SiG or
TGaT, It is valid to point something out necessary when dealing with
art.  Art is an expression of the artist, and is meant to be
interpretted as each viewer or listen sees it to him/herself, despite
the fact that the artist may have meant it to be interpretted in a
certain way.  I enjoy KaTe's music immensly, but in all honesty have
never sat down to analyze the symbolism or meaning of the lyrics.  If
i can understand the story, I'm satisfied, or if I can't but find the
music pleasing to the ear, I am also satisfied.  It took me nearly a
year to puzzle the lyrics to _The_Dreaming_ and the aid of the
Lobretto at that.  What I mean to say in making this point, is that I
enjoy getting love hounds, but do find it a trifle bit annoying to get
a rather large issue 70% filled with you two arguing over what 'Gaffa'
is supposed to mean in SiG and would very much appreciate it if you
could keep it down to a minimum and perhaps take your sometimes petty
bickering and egos elsewhere.  Thanks muchly

yours in KaTeness,

john banKerT

      [ Well, John, I think somewhere along the line to you, the
	history of this mailing list has been lost.  To give you the
	short of it, this *IS* "elsewhere".  -- |>oug ]