Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Watching You Without Me -- Hidden Messsages and the Like

From: greg@BEACH.CIS.UFL.EDU (Greg O'Rear)
Date: 8 Sep 88 16:52:35 GMT
Subject: Re: Watching You Without Me -- Hidden Messsages and the Like
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@BIKINI.CIS.UFL.EDU

> From: marq@APPLE.COM (Marq Laube)

> When I tried to digitize and play "We let the weirdness in" backwards,
> I heard "They said they were buried here." pretty distinctly.

> Anyone else tried this?

Well, I spun the record backwards; that's what I got.

> When I did the same to "So ni kloi, so ni kloi-ii", I became
> convinced there was no backward message at all.

I heard "We see you here" in that section.

> Also, is anyone else as impressed as I am with Jane Siberry?  I
> heard an interview of her on NPR, and she sounded like she was
> trying to pull off some sort of ditzy Cyndi Lauper routine.  But her
> music (gasp! what will happen to me?) is as good as Kate's.  And I
> wouldn't say that lightly!

I heard the NPR thing, too, but I didn't really notice any ditziness.
I like her and would go see her at a live show if one was around.  She
is a bit lightweight, but her lyrics and arrangements are clever, even
if the instrumentation consists of modern pop upbeat drums and
Charvel-type guitar.
--

Greg O'Rear
University of Florida