Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Watching You Without Me -- Hidden Messsages and the Like

From: marq@APPLE.COM (Marq Laube)
Date: 26 Aug 88 22:23:29 GMT
Subject: Re: Watching You Without Me -- Hidden Messsages and the Like
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

When I tried to digitize and play "We let the weirdness in" backwards,
I heard "They said they were buried here." pretty distinctly.

Anyone else tried this?

When I did the same to "So ni kloi, so ni kloi-ii", I became convinced
there was no backward message at all.

And has anyone ever posted a complete list of whispered lyrics in
"Suspended"?

	[ Sure.  Just yesterday I did.  -- |>oug ]

Try as I do, I can never get most of them.

Also, is anyone else as impressed as I am with Jane Siberry?  I heard an
interview of her on NPR, and she sounded like she was trying to pull off some
sort of ditzy Cyndi Lauper routine.  But her music (gasp! what will happen
to me?) is as good as Kate's.  And I wouldn't say that lightly!

-MarQ

      [	To me Jane Siberry sounds like ABBA.  But then again, I know
	some people who say that ABBA did the greatest music of the
	20th century.  To each his own.... -- |>oug ]