Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Marillion & Eurythmics CD's

From: "William M. Bumgarner" <wb1j+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 88 20:10:20 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Marillion & Eurythmics CD's
Posted-Date: Thu, 8 Sep 88 20:10:20 -0400 (EDT)

on Marillion...

  Just picked up the final Marillion CD needed to round out my
_Clutching at Straws_ collection.  Not nearly as good as the
_Incommunicado_ or _Sugar Mice_ single CD's, but worth having for the
live version of "Incommunicado" and "White Russian"... forgot to
mention what it was; The single's main purpose is the 7" version of
"Warm Wet Circles".  The only real difference is that it ends with a
chord (doesn't fade into the next song), and there are some added
background vocals in harmony with Fish.  on Eurythmics...

  Everyone said that it couldn't be found, that it doesn't exist on CD
or that if it did, it was out of print.  I found it.  It's the
Eurythmics first album, _In The Garden_.  I listened to it, though
haven't had a chance to really examine it... excellent music.  A lot
like "Sweet Dreams" but not quite as clean... Check out the track "All
The Young (People of Today)"; it is excellent.

b.bum
wb1j+@andrew.cmu.edu