Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Bill Currie, Steve Howe, & Bill Bruford

From: (Michael J. Lamoureux) <lamour%smiley.mitre.org@GATEWAY.MITRE.ORG>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 88 17:10:25 -0400
Subject: Bill Currie, Steve Howe, & Bill Bruford

	I really hate to bog down this group with news of any other
than Kate herself, but I figured I'd answer a question.  I don't know
if this has been covered yet (because I normally don't read anything
that says Ultravox in it), but last I heard, Bill Currie had joined
forces with Steve Howe (Yes, Asia, GTR) and Bill Bruford (Yes, King
Crimson, Earthworks, Dave Torn Quartet).  As far as I know, nothing
has yet come of it, but I wait with anticipation.  I only wish I could
remember what the name of the band was...sorry.

On to Kate ======>

	I for one, could really care less if one of the greatest
musicians on earth (and beyond) has ANY ability whatsoever at dance
coreography.  I don't own the videos, and if I go along with the
general feeling of this group (I think all but IED), then I won't ever
see her in concert either.  What I know, is that she is a phenomenal
singer with an amazing voice (in contrast to a review I read of the
Todd Rundgren concert I saw, where it was said that Todd was "a great
singer with a terrible voice."  I still can't figure that one out.),
and I would say that she is easily one of the best musicians of the
twentieth century (I'd say somewhere between 10-15).  In my opinion,
which is most probably worthless, dance coreography is less than
pertinent in relation to musical ability.  It's the musicians that I'm
interested in, not the dancers (which tend to bore me anyway).
	Gaffa:  gaffer's tape.  This much is known.  Does it add or
detract from the musical quality of the song if turns out that it
means more than this?  I can't see how.  I must say though that it is
quite amusing watching |>oug and IED battle to the death over someone
else's point of view -- sounds futile to me.  Have fun at it anyway,
and hold Kate dear always (I pray that IED is right about the tour).

Regards,

Michael Lamoureux (lamour@smiley.mitre.org)
The MITRE Corporation  7525 Colshire Drive
Mailstop Z670 McLean, VA  22102	(703) 883-5370

other useful addresses:  Oplamo@gwuvax  -- bitnet
			 Oplamo@gwusun.gwu.edu -- arpa
			 Oplamo@gwuvax.gwu.edu -- arpa

Disclaimer:  Do I REALLY need one of these????  Bah Humbug!!!!