Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Jean Michel Jarre

From: Matthew Huntbach <mcvax!ivax.doc.imperial.ac.uk!mmh@UUNET.UU.NET>
Date: 9 Sep 88 19:32:28 GMT
Subject: Re: Jean Michel Jarre
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: mcvax!doc.ic.ac.uk!news@UUNET.UU.NET
Source-Info: From (or Sender) name not authenticated.

> From: Kari Haug <haug%si.uninett%NORUNIX.BITNET@MITVMA.MIT.EDU>

> Hello. Are any of you planning to go to the Jean Michel Jarre
> mega-concert in London on September 24? I'm probably going to go

WARNING - it's likely to be cancelled. The reason is that transport
into and out of the proposed location is difficult. Various emergency
services have objected. The local council (London Borough of Newham, I
live there) are considering cancellation - they have postponed making
the final decision once but my contacts with local councillors suggest
cancellation is more likely than not.