Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

A theory that has nothing to do with Gaffa or "...Tenner"

From: "Liz Owens, Microcomputer Product Center, 491-3889"<BABOOSHKA@nuacc.acns.nwu.edu>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 88 09:12 CDT
Subject: A theory that has nothing to do with Gaffa or "...Tenner"
Posted-Date: Fri, 2 Sep 88 09:12 CDT

Has anyone come up with a literary origin for "Under the Ivy?" I might
have something here.  Being a fan of children's books (it's amazing
how a story can be entertaining without obscenity or sex in these
times), I've been reading _The_Secret_Garden_, by Frances Hodgson
Burnett, on of those classics I somehow missed as a child. Anyway, for
those who don't know the story, it's about 2 lonely, ill, fretful
children who find a secret garden and through the magic of actually
finding something to care for, become healthy and reasonably nice kids
after all.  The door to the garden (a ROSE garden) is hidden UNDER THE
IVY.
        I'm still working on this idea.

        IED, I'm curious about this quiz for the WSI.  Can I get more info?

Hoping you all have a pleasant continued existence,

Lizooshka