Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Our Ladies Image

From: dan@rna (Dan Ts'o)
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 88 04:23:39 EDT
Subject: Re: Our Ladies Image
Posted-Date: Fri, 2 Sep 88 04:23:39 EDT

> Subject: Re: Our Ladies Image
> From: haberman@UMN-CS.CS.UMN.EDU (Joe Habermann)

> For Sun users, (and those ambitious enough to use the raster bitmap
> conversion programs) there are some compressed Sun rasterfiles
> bearing the cover of The Whole Story available via anonymous ftp to
> antares.cs.umn.edu (128.101.233.1) which include:

> If anyone else has better ones, please let me (us) know.

	I assume you mean Our Lady's Image, since their can't possibly
be more than One Lady, The One and Only.
	Anyways, I have the same image, that was digitized with a high
S/N CCD camera, as well as several other images of our goddess,
including two (kludgey, but not bad) color images taken from two
magazine articles (Keyboard and Musician (I think)). (The reason I say
kludgey is that the CCD camera is only monochrome, so the color image
was constructed with filters and the color balance is not perfect, but
pretty good...)
	Unfortunately they are not currently in raster(5) format,
although it should be easy enough to put them in that format, but they
are in a very raw binary form (more or less simple byte stream), for
which I have programs that can display on Sun's, Ikonas frame buffers
and Data Translation frame buffers. It should be trivial to convert
them to any other format.
	If anyone wants them (or requests others to be digitized),
just let me know. I could make them available via FTP.

				Cheers,
				Dan Ts'o		212-570-7671
				Dept. Neurobiology	dan@rna.rockefeller.edu
				Rockefeller Univ.	...cmcl2!rna!dan