Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Delius & Organon

From: munnari!bio73.unsw.oz.au!geoffk@UUNET.UU.NET
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 88 11:31:57 EST
Subject: Delius & Organon
Posted-Date: Tue, 23 Aug 88 11:31:57 EST

[ Really-From: Lisa Hitchings (she doesn't have an account here) ]

Can someone please tell me the origin of the word 'Organon' in
"Cloudbusting" and 'Delius' from the song of the same name. Thanks in
advance,

						Lisa Hitchings

					(c/o geoffk@bio73.unsw.oz)

      [	"Orgonon" was the name of the New England home of Wilhelm
	Reich.  "Cloudbusting" is based on a book by Peter Reich,
	Wilhelm Reich's son, about his life with his father.  The book
	is *A Book of Dreams*.

	Delius was a classical composer (actually, he probably wasn't
	strictly classical -- maybe he was Romantic or Modern, but I
	don't know enough about it to be more specific.  He suffered
	from syphilus, and was mostly paralized and couldn't really
	talk well.  He got his compositions onto paper by grunting at his
	assistant, Eric Fenby, who was still alive a few years ago.
	-- |>oug ]