Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate Boots

From: mcvax!inf.rl.ac.uk!nbc@UUNET.UU.NET
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 88 09:30:09 bst
Subject: Kate Boots
Posted-Date: Thu, 18 Aug 88 09:30:09 bst

At a record fair at the weekend I picked up a copy of the bootleg 7
inch from the Amnesty concert. This is called "What Katie did for
Amnesty International" The Palladium 28/3/87: Royal Records 002. It
features "Running Up That Hill" and "Let it be" (vocals shared with
Dave Gilmour). The sound quality is fairly poor but Kate's vocals
(especially on the latter track) are reasonably clear.

I also found an LP entitled "A Bird in the Hand" purporting to be on
Heavy Records and produced in 1986. The cover at least was printed in
the USA.  Tracks featured are Violin, Strange Phenomena, Hammer
Horror, Wow, Feel It, Oh England my Lionheart, Moving and Wuthering
Heights. Although, I have not had a chance to check, the good sound
quality and the production indicate that it is just a rip-off from the
Hammersmith Odeon video.

B C N U
	Neil.