Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: Antony Zachariah Meadley <mcvax!datlog.co.uk!azm@UUNET.UU.NET>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 88 08:25:15 GMT
Posted-Date: Tue, 9 Aug 88 08:25:15 GMT

Regarding all the discussion over Kate's backward lyrics, I think you
are missing the REAL point.

When Kate uses backwards vocals (or any other sound effect) it is not
in order to code some secret message.  She does it because IT SOUNDS
RIGHT to her.

      [	Oh, I'm not so sure about that.  I am sure the primary reason
	she does something *is* because she likes the way it sounds,
	but I certainly also think she likes her music to be kind of
	mysterious.  Why, for example, does she hold these contests to
	see who can figure out the secret message, if it's supposed to
	be so easy to understand?  -- |>oug ]

As a follow-up to the recent mention of Kate's dancing and
choreography; Kate once studied under Lindsay Kemp - the dance genius
who has also inspired the likes of David Bowie.

A new Kate album should be released around Xmas time, in the UK
anyway, not earlier as some have suggested.

By the way ... what DOES IED stand for ?????

Ant in London.