Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Suspended in Gaffa

From: Diane Patterson <diane@APPLE.APPLE.COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 88 11:02:47 PDT
Subject: Suspended in Gaffa
Posted-Date: Mon, 8 Aug 88 11:02:47 PDT

Can someone (|>oug?  IED?) please post the complete lyrics to
"Suspended In Gaffa," including the whispered not-in-the-libretto
parts?  I would much appreciate being able to supercede the weaknesses
of my not-quite- good-enough sound system...

-- Diane

        [ The threes whispered sentences are:

		"I caught a glimpse of a god, all shining and bright."
		"We all have a dream, maybe."
		"Mother, where are the angels, I'm scared of the changes."

	 Inserted below are the rest of the lyrics to "Suspended in
	 Gaffa" as they appear on the lyrics sheet.  -- |>oug ]

	Suspended in Gaffa
	--------- -- -----
	Out in the garden, there's half of a heaven
	And we're only bluffing
	We're not ones for busting through walls
	But they've told us unless we can prove
	That we're doing it
	We can't have it all.

	He's gonna wangle a way to get out of it
	She's an excuse
	and a witness who'll talk when he's called
	But they've told us
	Unless we can prove that we're doing it
	We can't have it all
	We can't have it all

	CHORUS:
	      Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
	      It all goes slow-mo
	      I don't know why I'm crying
	      Am I suspended in Gaffa?
	      Not until I'm ready for you
	      Not until I'm ready for you
	      Can I have it all?

	I try to get nearer
	But as it gets clearer
	There's something appears in the way
	It's a plank in me eye
	With a camel who's trying to get through it
	Am I doing it?
	Can I have it all now?
	I pull out the plank
	and say thank you for yanking me back
	To the fact
	That there's always something to distract
	But sometimes it's hard
	To know if I'm doing it right
	Can I have it all?
	Can I have it all now?
	We can't have it all

	CHORUS

	I won't open boxes that I am not told to
	I'm not a Pandora
	I'm much more like
	That girl in the mirror
	Between you and me