Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Wilhelm Reich info

From: "Liz Owens, Microcomputer Product Center, 491-3889"<BABOOSHKA@NUACC.ACNS.NWU.EDU>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 88 12:23 CDT
Subject: Wilhelm Reich info
Posted-Date: Wed, 27 Jul 88 12:23 CDT

Definitely look for _A_Book_of_Dreams_ if you can--it has to be one of
the most bizzare true stories I've ever read. It's not often that one
combines masturbation, psychology, radiation, rainmaking, the FDA, and
UFOs in the same work and still gets a readable story. It's
fascinating, though.

For those interested in Reich and his works--well, most of his stuff
is out of print or difficult to find.  I did get this great $6.95 (or
so) paperback at a Barnes and Noble-run bookstore here at Northwestern
called _Reich_for_ Beginners_.  It's a cartoon book, and makes his
life and theories understandable even to the non-psychologist.  The
drawings are kind of fun, too.  Just out of curiosity--did *my*
interpretation of "Suspended in Gaffa" reach anyone? My theories don't
coincide with anyone's I've seen.

Lizooshka

      [	|>oug has dug up the following article that Lizooshka refers
	to:  -- |>oug ]