Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Has EVERYONE paid $200 for "Suspended in Gaffa" video???

From: malc@TAHOE.UNR.EDU (malloc)
Date: 27 Jul 88 16:39:49 GMT
Subject: Has EVERYONE paid $200 for "Suspended in Gaffa" video???
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In the latest issue of Love-Hounds Digest, IED writes:

>     However, also as |>oug pointed out, the prices of [KT videos,
> v-disks] are extremely high. IED just picked up the laser-disks of
> _TSF_ and _THotH_ for about $60.00 apiece -- very reasonable prices,
> especially since the picture and sound quality of these disks is
> exceptional even for laser-disks (_THotH_ is in CAV format and has
> mindboggling digital sound). But the VHS video-tape versions must
> now cost at least $125
	            ^^^^
eek!

> dollars apiece, perhaps as much as $200, and for that you get a much
				    ^^^^
double eek!

> poorer quality picture and sound. For the extra cost of buying the
> four video-cassettes over the disks you could afford to buy a new
> 838D Pioneer laser-disk player. Either way, though, you'll still
> probably have to special-order them from your dealer, and then get
> set to wait anywhere from six weeks to seven months.

It seems to me that I've seen quite a number of love-hounds who've
mentioned seeing, among others, the video for "Suspended in Gaffa".
As far as I've been able to tell from references (and replies to my
original query, thanks) in this group, this video appears only in the
video collection "The Single File", which,as IED suggests above, may
cost a pretty penny indeed.

Has EVERYONE who's seen this video paid $125 - $200 for the
privilege???  Or is there (or was there once) some other source for
this video (and the other three "unique" videos on "The Single File"?
Or must I go and sell all that I own, that I may purchase this "pearl
of great price" . . . ?

	[ Night Flight and MTV showed "Suspended In Gaffa" on
	  occasion, so some people might have seen it this way.  I
	  bought my "Singles File for $75 several years ago when the
	  Yen was much cheaper, and the people selling it to me were
	  doing it not-for-profit.  I think your cheapest way of
	  getting it, is to copy it from someone who alreasy has it,
	  or buy the video disk, and find somone with a laser disk
	  player to let you copy it onto video tape.  The laser disk
	  is indeed much cheaper than the video tape.  -- |>oug

BTW, thanks to those who posted the KT bio information.

Merry Katemas . . .

Malcolm L. Carlock
Er is wieder hier, der Mann, der in seinen Augen das Kind hat.
malc@tahoe.unr.edu.UUCP		    University of Nevada, Reno