Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Soft Cell & Alf (Yazoo)

From: Michael Portuesi <mp1u+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 88 14:50:49 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Soft Cell & Alf (Yazoo)

> Alf (Yazoo)...  How are Alf's solo albums?  I have both Yazoo
> albums, and think they are excellent, but have never heard Alf solo.

Alf's first album "Alf" is pretty good.  It's worth buying for "Love
Resurrection", "Honey for the Bees" and "Invisible".  However, I don't
think it is as good as her Yazoo albums.

Her second album, "Raindancing", is most definitely avoidable.  "Weak
in the Presence of Beauty" and one other song (whose name I can't
recall) are the only two worth listening to...the rest is filler.

> I haven't figured out how to set my name to Bill instead of William M.
> William M. is my name, but the only time I use it is when I register
> for classes or get arrested.

The Andrew Message System (that's the incredible high-tech mail system
we have here at CMU) will not allow you to change the name on messages
you send or post.  This is a deliberate decision by the people who
wrote the software.  Sorry.

                        --M

Michael Portuesi / Information Technology Center / Carnegie Mellon University
ARPA/UUCP: mp1u+@andrew.cmu.edu                     BITNET: rainwalker@drycas

"if you ain't ill it'll fix your car"