Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KaTching up

From: Douglas Weiman <WEIMAN@SRI-NIC.ARPA>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 88 08:41:57 PDT
Subject: KaTching up

I hate to throw a wrench into the Suspended in Gaffa debate, but as I
remember my studies of British folklore, some people in the 18th and
19th centuries believed that people passed from the world of the
living into the world of the dead via the path in their garden.
Therefore, the way to heaven (even half-a-one) was by going "out in
the garden."

I think we can all agree that this is _not_ what Kate meant by this
reference, but since she, herself, claimed the song is about a person
encountering the Divine -- who knows?  And I thought it was
interesting...

      [	Who says Kate didn't have this partially in mind when she
	wrote the song?  Sounds like a perfectly plausible allusion
	to me.  -- |>oug ]

As for the reliability of IED's information regarding release dates,
tours, etc., I can only say that I knew him long before I knew about
Love-Hounds, and he always had the right scoop.

If he says she's gonna tour, I _believe_!  Alleluia!

"She signed the letters,"

Douglas Weiman
WEIMAN@SRI-NIC.ARPA