Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

O'Conner Concert Review

From: cjs%hocad@ulysses.att.com
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 88 11:51 EDT
Subject: O'Conner Concert Review

Hi.  It's April 27th, and I'm dragging into work after a full night on
the town in NYC.

Part of the evening consisted of eating at Dallas B-B-Que (72nd near
Columbus). Which, for those of you who are interested, has good ribs
at an even better price (8.95).  For NYC, this is a good deal.

Anyway, I ended up at the Sinead O'Connor concert.  As I expected, it
was sold out.  When I got near the Beacon, I heard bartering for
tickets going on; it appears tickets were being sold for $30-40+.  I
paid $18.

The warm up band was First Priority Crew.  I've never heard of them
before, but after reading the review of Sinead in Boston, I knew they
HAD to be a rap band.  They were.  I can't comment much on how good
they were since I don't particulary like rap music.  The best part was
when someone in the audience yelled at the stage "shave you head."

After Sinead came on stage, I settled down (or more appropiately, I
got hyper) to enjoy her singing.  She was impeccible in her vocals.  I
noticed that all through the concert she gestured/talked to the mixing
personel; I found this unusual for a singer.  She wore black
tights/leotard with a red miniskirt.

I was disappointed in that she didn't sing that LONG.  Her set only
lasted around an hour.  And sins of all Sineads (ha ha) she only did
one encore which consisted of one song.  I could set here and list all
the songs she did, but it's lunch time.  SO....

ANYWAY -- to make a long review shorter -- if Sinead comes to your
area, GO SEE HER.

CJ

"Everything looks smashed and broken"